Absorbent Panty Class!
Date: Friday, March 13th, 2020
Time: 6PM - 9PM
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1236 Frances Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class
Absorbent panties are the newest innovation in "I bet you don't know what's going on under there" lingerie technology! Period panties, popularized by Thinx & Knix, are a vibrant and sustainable option for modern women and help cut down the use of plastics and harmful chemicals. However, absorbent underwear can also be super helpful in various other areas, including light incontinence, pregnancy and postpartum, and assisting people with disabilities. In this class, Tara from Five of Hearts Studio will be reviewing the steps and materials needed to construct her brand new Period Panty pattern, including:
- Choosing the correct size.
- Getting to know the basics of wicking, antimicrobial, and waterproof materials.
- Working with lingerie elastics, including picot and fold over elastic.
- Utilizing zig-zag & triple zig-zag stitches.
Class fee includes:
- 3 hours of class time.
- A kit for one pair of panties, including: wicking fabrics, bamboo jersey, and lingerie elastic.
- A printed copy of the panty pattern.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- Snacks and refreshments throughout the class.
- A 15% discount coupon to use for a future purchase.
Prior sewing experience is required to take this class although lingerie making experience is not necessary. You must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine.
The size range for this pattern is 2XS to 2XL, or from a 30" to 53" hip. However, if you would like a size outside of this range, the pattern can be drafted to include all body shapes and sizes.
About The Instructor:
Tara has been sewing since she was three years old. Her focus over the last 16 years has been on sewing intimates and swimwear, driven by the desire to create garments that fit, physically and aesthetically. Helping other sewists connect these pieces with their creative process brings her great joy.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.