Recently Helen and I took on a ten day capsule wardrobe challenge. Helen had the idea to try it out and then do an episode for the podcast all about our experience, and I was totally on board. So we picked Style Bee's 10 x 10 Challenge, picked a day to start, and went for it! The rules are pretty simple: choose ten items (including shoes and jackets, but not accessories), and wear only those ten items for ten days. The idea is that it will be easier to get dressed in the morning (less choices), and you'll be forced to get creative with how you wear your clothes.
You'll have to listen to the podcast episode to hear exactly how it all went. But I'd like to share photos of my ten outfits, and details about the ten items I picked, here on the blog. So here goes!
My ten items:
- Tessuti Mandy Boat Tee hack (Kelli did a tutorial on her blog for this!) in bamboo & cotton french terry
- Deer & Doe Plantain Tee in linen & poly knit
- Plaid button-down (ready-to-wear)
- Grey sweater (ready-to-wear)
- True Bias Lander Pants in non-stretch cone mills denim
- Jeans (ready-to-wear)
- Grainline Tamarack Jacket in cotton denim shirting / plaid shirting combo
- Sewaholic Robson Coat in cotton twill
- Floral sneakers
- Suede oxfords
My ten outfits:
If you'd like to listen to our episode all about the challenge, you can subscribe and listen wherever you listen to podcasts, or visit our website here!