At the beginning of April, I moved Blackbird from my home office to a proper studio space. The months between now and then have been an absolute blur. I want to show you the space, and take this opportunity to reflect some some of the things that have happened since April. Some highlights include...
- In May I shipped out hundred of meters of Cone Denim
- In June I hired my lovely office assistant, Natasha (game changer!)
- In July I hosted an office warming party - so much fun meeting locals!
- In August Helen and I launched Love to Sew
- And September is shaping up to be one of the busiest months yet. I have 600lbs of fabric being delivered to us on Monday. So much good stuff coming your way.
This space is so much more than an office. For the business, I house the fabrics here, photograph products, answer your e-mails, and ship countless orders. In fact a report I just pulled up tells me I have shipped over 1200 orders from this space. WHAT! I have been hosting monthly sewing days with friends here, which has been such a treat. We record the podcast here on a weekly basis.
The best part is that there is room to grow. I want to run sewing workshops and host local meet-ups here! We have the storage space to continue to expand our inventory! It's just so dang exciting.
Here are some photos that I took of the space back in July. Hope you enjoy!
Acacia wood stool: IKEA
Henn Kim print: Society6
Isabelle Feliu print: Society6
Gridwall panels: Uline
Things won't be letting up over the next couple of months. Fall/winter fabrics are en route, we have more bra kits in the works (finally!), and more cone denim is coming soon. In October I'm heading to Camp Workroom Social -- are you going? It will be my first time at camp, and we are hoping to do some behind the scenes recording for the podcast. Helen and I will be spending a few days in Brooklyn afterwards. I can't wait!
So that's my update today! Here's to busy seasons of life and doing what you love. :)