You may have noticed that things look a little bit different around here. The website just got a huge facelift, and the shop blog has moved to a new place. Do you like it?
Since launching back in September 2014, the website has stayed pretty much the same. It has been a reliable workhorse. It's served it's purpose and functioned pretty well. Heck, it's enabled me to sell a lot of fabric which then allowed me to move into an office, and grow my team from a measly one (me) to a mighty TWO (hi, Natasha!). But I never really loved my website. Aside from the fabrics that filled it up, the look of my website never excited me.
That's why I'm so incredibly thrilled about our new look. Not only is it more me, more what I always envisioned for my store, it's also more functional and easy to navigate. Here are some of my favourite new features:
- The new site is 100% mobile optimized, so you'll get the same experience on your desktop, tablet, and phone.
- All the pages are accessible from the top menu bar. Now you can read about us, learn about shipping lead times, find the blog, and navigate our shop categories all in the same place.
- The blog - ahemm, it's called Journal here because we're fancy now guys - is now built right into our main website. Read up on the latest news and see Blackbird makes without leaving your shopping cart behind. It will wait for you. I promise.
- Images are larger and crisper.
- It's light, bright, and airy! Now the fabrics can shine.
I moved most of the blog posts from the old blog over to the new one. It's much simpler and cleaner now that it's built into the website. Maybe that means I will blog more now? Only time will tell. The only sad part is that I couldn't transfer your lovely comments over from the original posts. I'm sorry! Keep commenting though - I love hearing from you.
I'm still working out a few kinks here and there, so if you notice anything that seems off, please don't be shy to let me know. I'll also be making some other updates to the site in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.