Note: Our Anti-Racism Action Plan was published in June 2020.
We stand for justice for George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and the countless other Black lives that have been lost at the hands of police brutality and racially motivated violence.
We stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement and the protesters who are fighting against white supremacy and systemic racism.
We recognize that systemic racism and police brutality are not unique to the United States. We acknowledge that discrimination against Black and Indigenous people is part of Canada's past and present. We are ashamed of this history and we are outraged that this violence is still ongoing.
We've come to realize that we need to raise our voice and use our platform to promote meaningful change. Silence is a privilege. We apologize for not speaking out sooner. Moving forward, we're committed to listening, learning, and becoming an actively anti-racist business.
Here are some ways that we are putting our words into action:
- Donating 1% of our revenue on a monthly basis to a rotating non-profit organization. We will prioritize organizations that support Black, Indigenous, and marginalized communities. If you know of an organization that needs our help, please get in touch.
- Donating our space. We will open up our workspace to local organizations for events and workshops that support the BIPOC community.
- Donating our time. We will facilitate volunteer days where our team can work for local non-profits.
- Building a library of anti-racism resources. We have created a living document of books, movies, podcasts, articles, and non-profits to encourage our team's ongoing anti-racism education.
- Using our voice. We vow to use our platform to speak out against racism and inequality.
We are always looking for ways to improve. We will continue to reflect on how to become a more socially conscious business in and outside of our community.
We welcome your feedback - you can get in touch on our contact page.