Chilton Trench Coat
Classic tailoring gets a curve-friendly update with the Chilton Trench Coat! This timeless fully lined coat pattern features a single-breasted bodice, two hem lengths, belted waist, and a kick pleat on view A. An ideal fit is easily within reach, thanks to sleek princess seams and a comfortable two-part sleeve design. Sophisticated details, such as its two-part collar, cape, epaulettes, and double topstitching, make the Chilton Trench Coat a brilliant addition to any outfit and the star of your wardrobe!
This listing is for a printed paper pattern in a paper envelope.
Main: Mid- to heavy-weight wovens, such as heavy cotton (gabardine or twill weave), or waterproof raincoat fabric. If using wool, use mid-weight only.
Lining: Light- to mid-weight wovens, such as silk crepe de chine or polyester. Specialist linings like flannel-backed or Kasha satin can be used.
Interfacing: Fusible mid-weight woven interfacing
You will need:
- Universal needle
- Topstitching thread (optional)
- 12 x 1”/25 mm Shank buttons
- 1 x pair of shoulder pads
- hand needle,
- 5” (13 cm) twill tape (optional for hanging loop),
- ¾ yard (0.7 m) double fold bias tape (optional for finishing back facing).
- Point turner
- Tailor’s ham or rolled up towel
- Sleeve board (optional)
- Marking chalk
- Scalpel or buttonhole chisel
12 to 28, with cup sizes C - H.