Conquering Tricky Techniques!
Date: Wednesday, March 25th, 2020
Time: 6PM - 9PM
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1236 Frances Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class
Dress shirts are a staple in women's and menswear, and they include a plethora of new and tricky steps for a home sewer. From a perfectly pointed collar to a crisp cuff, there are a few techniques that can take you from a blasé blouse to a brilliant button-up. In this three-hour class, you will learn construction tricks and sewing tips to tackle those treacherous collars, cuffs, and plackets and take your sewing to the next level! Join us as we learn:
- How to create professional looking stand collars, shirt cuffs, tower plackets & more!
- Tips on the right interfacing, construction basics, and industry techniques.
- Common troubleshooting fixes to make your me-mades shine.
Class fee includes:
- 3 hours of class time.
- A kit with all the supplies needed to create your own samples, perfect to use for reference in your future projects.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- Refreshments and snacks throughout the class.
- A 15% discount coupon to use for a future purchase.
For this class, you must be comfortable threading and operating a domestic sewing machine.
About The Instructor:
Joy started sewing at age 7 when she decided she needed new shorts to wear to gym class. Twenty years later, she decided to turn her hobby into her career! She has sewed products for several small businesses, sewed costumes for professional theatre, worked in a fabric shop, managed a manufacturing team, taught sewing classes and private lessons, and continues to work in the apparel industry in Vancouver. Joy believes that anyone can learn to sew and she hopes that everyone will enjoy it as much as she does!
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.