Nicks Dress & Blouse - Closet Core
Inject a little bohemian glamour into your wardrobe with the Nicks Dress + Blouse. In multiple variations with soft gathering and delicate details, it's satisfying to make and a pleasure to wear.
All views feature a loose-fitting V-necked bodice with a gently gathered shoulder and yoke. The slightly puffed sleeve is gathered at the shoulder; choose between a short sleeve, or a long sleeve with wrist pleats for shaping and an elastic gathered cuff. You may also choose between two interchangeable neckline finishes: a simple facing, or a bias-bound neckline with delicate rouleau button loops and buttons. View A is a button-front dress with a comfortable elastic waist, long or short sleeves, and three gathered skirt tiers. View B is a voluminous swing tunic with a gathered hip tier and long or short sleeves. View C is an elegant blouse with a faced neckline and long or short sleeves.
Sewing Level: Confident Beginner
See images for more details on fabric requirements.
- The Nicks Dress + Blouse shines in a variety of light to midweight wovens with moderate drape. We suggest the following:
- For a flowy and ethereal effect, try: rayon challis, viscose, silk crepe, chiffon, charmeuse, or georgette
- For more body, try: cotton shirting, batiste, voile, chambray, or linen
- Buttons for View A and B center front opening: 5 x 1/2" (12 mm)
- Elastic for View A waist and sleeve cuffs: 1/2" (13 mm) wide x 2 yard (2 m)
- Elastic for View C sleeve cuffs: 1/2" (13 mm) wide x 1/2 yard (0.5 m)
- Lightweight fusible interfacing for View C facing: 10" x 10" (25 cm x 25 cm)
- Thread in matching colour
- Marking tool
- Tube turner or safety pin