Pants Fitting Fundamentals
Date: Sunday, April 28, 2019
Time: 10am - 5pm, 1 hour lunch included
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1330 Napier Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
Instructor: Alexandra Morgan, In-House Patterns
About the Class
Demystify the pants fitting process by spending the day with Alexandra Morgan, founder of In-House Patterns and experienced pattern making instructor, in this in-person pants fitting fundamentals workshop.
You'll learn what good fit looks like, how to recognize fitting issues and in what order to work to keep the fitting process moving forward. The most common fitting issues found in pants will be demonstrated and practiced using scaled block patterns and you'll create a pattern work notebook demonstrating all the pattern adjustments covered in the class. We'll cover rise adjustments, tummy adjustments, seat adjustments, front and back crotch curve shape, and knee and calf adjustments. By the end of the workshop you will understand how to assess the fit of pants correctly and methodically and how to make the corresponding pattern adjustments to reflect the fitting changes needed for all fitting issues discussed. Gain the confidence, skill, and practical strategies to fit any pair of pants!
- 6 hours of class time
- A workshop kit containing pattern worksheets and templates
- Lunch, refreshments, and snacks throughout the day
- A Q&A session at the end of the day.
- The opportunity to purchase our fabrics in person, at a 15% discount!
You'll need to bring a few things to the workshop so that you can follow along with the exercises we'll be working on.
- a drafting pencil (0.5 or 0.7 lead size is best) and an eraser
- coloured pencil (red, blue or green)
- transparent tape
- paper scissors
- c-thru grid ruler
- a serrated tracing wheel
- a notebook/sketch book/scrap book (at least 8 1/2"X11" in size for taking notes and storing the pattern adjustment exercises you create)
- In addition to these physical tools, bring your enthusiasm and your questions. The focus of this workshop is on pants pattern adjustments based on a fitting assessment, so if you're new to pattern work for fit, this is a great time to get your questions answered.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.