Right to Roam Rucksack
Claim your right to roam with this fine rucksack on your back. Fully lined with 3 divided internal pockets. The pattern includes a cross-body bag as an alternative. This is an intermediate pattern.
Pattern Errata: Pattern piece 10 (handle): The gap between the rivet holes should be 6cm on each side. It is currently 5cm on one side and 6cm on the other.
|Self 96 - 110cm wide with or without nap||1.35M|
|Self 120 - 150cm wide with or without nap||1.10M|
|Lining 96cm wide||1.15M|
|Lining 110 - 150cm wide||1.00M|
Suggested fabrics include waxed canvas, mid-heavy weight cotton canvas, mid-weight denim (8-14oz). For the lining, a simple cotton or duck canvas.
You will need:
- 1.3cm (1/2") leather/split cowhide handle and shoulder straps, 1.10M
- 1.8cm (3/4") leather/split cowhide pocket straps, 1.00M
- 2 x 1.3cm (1/2") buckles
- 2 x 1.8cm (3/4") buckles
- 6 x 1 or 1.20cm diameter eyelets
- 1 x Magnetic Clasp
- 18 x 9mm rivets. Shop all of our rivet colours here!
- Cord for drawstring, 1.00M
- Matching thread
If you need help installing rivets, check out our hardware instructional video in the next tab!