The Rushcutter dress is a knee-length, loose fitting A-line dress, designed for woven fabrics. With two style variations, The Ruschutter is the perfect multi-season all-rounder. Included in the pattern is an optional waist sash, that will work with both styles.
This listing is for a printed paper pattern in a paper envelope.
The Rushcutter dress is compatible with a range of different fabrics. Your choice of fabric will dictate the silhouette you achieve.
For a softer silhouette, consider using light to mid-weight fabrics such as: cotton shirting, poplin, sateen, linen, silk, viscose (rayon), chambray or light-weight denim.
For a more structured, boxy look, consider mid-weight denim, twill or jacquard.
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (45"/1.15M FABRIC)
A = 2.8yd / 2.5m, B-D = 2.9yd / 2.6m, E-F = 3yd / 2.7m, G = 3.6yd / 3.3m, H = 3.8yd / 3.4m, I = 4yd / 3.6m, J = 4.1yd / 3.7m
A-E = 2.1yd / 1.9m, F = 2.2yd / 2m, G = 2.7yd / 2.4m, H = 2.9yd / 2.6m, I = 3.1yd / 2.8m, J = 3.3yd / 3m
YARDAGE REQUIREMENTS (60"/1.5M FABRIC)
A-E = 2.2yd / 2m, F = 2.3yds / 2.1m, G-H = 3yds / 2.7m, I-J = 3.1yds / 2.8m
A-F = 1.9yds / 1.7m, G-J = 2.2yds / 2m
- Coordinating thread
- View A only : 40cm (16in) invisible zip
- View A only : 1m (1.1 yd) x 32mm (1¼ in) single-fold bias* tape (store bought or made at home)
- View B only : 3 x 1cm (⅜in) buttons
- View B only : Lightweight interfacing strip for button stand (if required) - 30cm x 3cm (11¾in x 1¼in)
- 2m (2.2 yards) x 32mm (1¼ in) single-fold bias tape* (store bought or made at home)
- Optional : 2m (2.2 yards) bias binding if you would like to also bind the hem
*If your fabric is heavy, consider cutting / buying binding in a slightly lighter fabric to minimise bulk
Sewing level: Intermediate
Sizes: 2 - 20