Saskatchewan Swimsuit Intensive with Tara Malinowski
Date & Time:
Friday, May 1st: 10AM - 5PM, 1 hour lunch included
Saturday, May 2nd: 10AM - 5PM, 1 hour lunch included
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1236 Frances Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class
Get beach ready with our Swimsuit Making Intensive! Sewing your own swimsuit is an incredible rewarding and fun sewing skill that will set you up for a multitude of summers in the sun. Using the Saskatchewan Swimsuit pattern by Five of Hearts Studio, students will learn step-by-step how to make their very own one-piece in this 2 day swimwear making class. We will go over everything you need to know to make a professional looking swimmers, including:
- Choosing the correct size.
- Getting to know the basics of swim tricot and swim lining fabrics.
- Professional finishes with slippery fabrics and elastics.
- When to use zig-zag and three-step zig-zag stitches.
- Creating tricky swim suit straps.
- Popular pattern manipulations to make future swimsuits!
Class fee includes:
- 12 hours of class time over two days.
- A kit including your choice of nylon swim tricot, lining, elastic, and a printed pattern.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- Lunch on both days plus refreshments and snacks throughout the class.
- The opportunity to purchase our fabrics in person at a 15% discount!
This pattern can be adjusted to fit any size. Attendance in both days are vital. Please note that this is a sewing-based class; while we will be touching on ways to achieve a proper fit - this is not specifically a fitting class and your pattern may need additional changes after the class for a more accurate fit. Prior sewing experience is required to take this class although swimwear making experience is not necessary. You must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine.
About The Instructor:
Tara has been sewing since she was three years old. Her focus over the last 16 years has been on sewing intimates and swimwear, driven by the desire to create garments that fit, physically and aesthetically. Helping other sewists connect these pieces with their creative process brings her great joy.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.