Sew A Blackwood Cardigan!
Date and Time:
Saturday, February 23rd, 2019 from 10:00AM to 5:00PM (1hr lunch included)
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1330 Napier Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
Instructor: Helen Wilkinson, Helen's Closet Patterns
About the Class
Learn to sew a gorgeous closure-free, layering friendly cardigan, perfect for all looks and styles and versatile for every season. Students will learn step-by-step how to make the Blackwood Cardigan from the pattern designer herself. We will go over everything you need to know to make a perfect cardigan, including:
- Choosing your correct size.
- Tips for working with knit fabrics.
- Working with a serger machine.
- Applying knit patch pockets.
- Sewing knit cuffs and hems.
- Tip for professional finishing techniques.
Class fee includes:
- 6 hours of class time
- A kit containing two meters of sweater knit fabric, clear elastic, printed sewing pattern, and a link for the PDF sewing pattern & instructions.
- Lunch and refreshments for your snacking pleasure.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- The opportunity to purchase our fabrics in person, at a 15% discount!
This pattern is designed for an advanced beginner. For this class, you must be comfortable threading and operating a domestic sewing machine. Experience using knit fabrics will improve your experience in the class, but is not required.
This class is intended for sewists over the age of 16.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.