Sew A York Pinafore!
Date and Time:
Saturday, May 18th, 2019 from 10:00AM to 5:00PM (1hr lunch included)
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1330 Napier Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class:
The York Pinafore is a modern take on a classic pinafore dress with a cocoon shape, patch pockets, and multiple neckline options. Students will learn step-by-step how to make the York pinafore from the pattern designer herself. We will go over everything you need to know to make a perfect pinafore, including:
- Choosing your correct size.
- Applying patch pockets.
- Tips for working with bias binding
- Tips for professional finishing techniques.
Class fee includes:
- 6 hours of class time
- A kit containing 1.5 meters of fabric, matching bias tape, printed sewing pattern, and a link for the PDF sewing pattern & instructions.
- Lunch, snacks, and refreshments throughout the day.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- The opportunity to purchase our fabrics in person, at a 15% discount!
This pattern is designed for a beginner. For this class, you must be comfortable threading and operating a domestic sewing machine. Experience using woven fabrics will improve your experience in the class, but is not required.
About The Instructor:
Helen Wilkinson is the designer and founder behind Helen's Closet Patterns. Helen has over 20 years of sewing experience and loves teaching others how to sew. Her teaching style is relaxed, encouraging, and positive! You can check out her patterns and handmade wardrobe at helenscloset.ca and @helens__closet.
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.