Sew Your Own Zadie Jumpsuit!
Date and Time:
Friday, June 19th, 2020 from 2:00PM to 6:00PM
Saturday, June 20th, 2020 from 10:00AM to 5:00PM (1hr lunch included)
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1236 Frances Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class
We love the Zadie! This jumpsuit is a relaxed and easy to wear one piece that wraps around the body and fastens with a tie with so there is no need for buttons or a zip. Students will learn step-by-step how to make a Zadie Jumpsuit in this fun set of classes! Focusing on the short sleeve version for the gorgeous summer months, we will go over everything you need to know to make a sensational jumpsuit. including:
- Choosing your correct size.
- Creating and attaching bias binding.
- Creating slant trouser pockets.
- Common pattern adjustments for jumpsuit patterns.
Class fee includes:
- 9 hours of class time.
- A kit containing fabric, printed sewing pattern, and a link for the PDF sewing pattern & instructions. Fabric options will be sent closer to the workshop date.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- Lunch, and snacks and refreshments throughout the day.
- The opportunity to purchase our fabrics in person at a 15% discount!
This pattern is recommended for advanced beginners sized 6 - 20. Prior sewing experience is recommended as you must be comfortable threading and operating a sewing machine.
About The Instructor:
Joy started sewing at age 7 when she decided she needed new shorts to wear to gym class. Twenty years later, she decided to turn her hobby into her career! She has sewed products for several small businesses, sewed costumes for professional theatre, worked in a fabric shop, managed a manufacturing team, taught sewing classes and private lessons, and continues to work in the apparel industry in Vancouver. Joy believes that anyone can learn to sew and she hopes that everyone will enjoy it as much as she does!
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.