Sewing For Beginners!
Date: Thursday, August 22nd, 2019
Time: 6PM - 9PM
Location: Blackbird Fabrics Studio, 1330 Napier Street, Vancouver BC.
Click here to view us on Google Maps.
About the Class
Do you want to learn how to sew but are unsure where to start? Have you been dreaming about making your own wardrobe? Join us as we take an dive into the wonderful world of home sewing! There are so many new and unique facets to the art of home sewing and me-made wardrobes that may seem daunting at first. Garment sewing and construction techniques can be tricky to understand if you are just starting out. Fret not! This class will take you through:
- Hands-on sewing machine basics, including: threading, needle basics, and understanding the stitch library.
- A crash course in fabric 101.
- An intro to the online sewing community & independent pattern companies.
- A completed sample booklet of the most popular stitches, seam finishes, and construction techniques to reference in your future sewing adventures. That's right, you will sew you very own sample book!
Class fee includes:
- 3 hours of class time.
- A kit with all the supplies needed to create your own sewing techniques sample book.
- The use of our class sewing machines and tools - there is no need for you to bring anything!
- Refreshments and snacks throughout the class.
- A 15% discount coupon to use for a future purchase.
Come join a wonderful group of making-minded people. No sewing experience is required!
Questions? E-mail us at email@example.com
Please read our class policies before signing up. Click here to go to our event policies page.
By registering for the course, you agree to the information listed within our event policies page.