1. Helen’s Closet Sandpiper Swimsuit (up to a 62” chest and hip)
2. Friday Pattern Company Vernazza Two Piece (up to a 54” chest, 57” hip)
3. Seamwork Maggie Two-Piece Swimsuit (up to a 54” chest, 58” hip)
4. Megan Nielsen Cottesloe Swimsuit, available in size 0-20 (up to a 48” hip) and size 14-30 (up to a 62” hip)
5. Laela Jayne Ibiza Swimsuit (up to a 60” bust, 59” hip)
6. Paprika Patterns Nautilus Bikini (up to a 60” bust, 62” hip)
7. Rad Patterns Taylor Swimsuit & Rash Guard (up to 77” bust, 80” hip)
8. Made My Wardrobe Freya Swimsuit , (up to a 52” hip)
9. Swim Style Patterns Reversible String Bikini (up to a 46” hip)
10. Sew It Like A Man Retro Style Swim Trunks (up to a 46” waist)
Do you have a tried and true swimwear pattern that you swear by? Comment down below and share the love!
Our Favourite New Sewing Patterns Summer 2022
Pattern Round Up: Summer Linens Edition
Perfect Pairings: Our Blackbird Exclusive 2022 Swim Print Collection
Has anyone tried the sew it like a man retro style swim trunks but for a woman? They look like something I would love to wear as I just like coverage when swimming.
The Mairin Swimsuit by Sew a Little Seam looks incredible (up to 52” hip) – it has sooo many variations. I have made a couple of the kids Mairin, and love them. So many variations, like the adult version. I had immense fitting issues with the Cottesloe, so am looking forward to trying out the Mairin.
What, no mention of a Jalie pattern??? I have been sewing swim wear since the 1970s when we made suits out of Fortrel. In my opinion, Jalie patterns (there are several swim patterns) are currently the best ones out there for swim wear.