Want to join our dynamic and fast-paced marketing department? Our Marketing team is responsible for capturing and sharing our fabrics with customers, and ensuring our website and social channels are polished and engaging.
Our E-Commerce Coordinator is responsible for coordinating our weekly releases and keeping our website polished and up to date. Working with our Marketing and Purchasing teams, our E-Commerce Coordinator will develop product listings, shoot product photos, edit, and update our website for each fabric that is released.
Working with our Marketing team, our E-Commerce Coordinator will also be responsible for merchandising our website and assisting with the implementation of our digital marketing strategy to optimize sales.
- Working from a brief to develop and write product listings for each of our weekly fabric releases, accommodating feedback where necessary.
- Shoot product photos for each fabric, following our Photography Style guide.
- Colour correcting product photos to read as true to life as possible.
- Inputting product listings and photos onto our website platform, applying tags, and creating collections where applicable.
- Updating existing product listings & photos for clarity, consistency, and colour accuracy.
- Managing product collections, adding and removing products when necessary.
- Identifying opportunities to improve our customer experience through add-on features, new collections, etc.
- Working with our Marketing team to merchandise our product catalogue and collections to maximize sales.
- Assist with implementation of our digital marketing strategy.
- Working with our Marketing and Purchasing teams to identify target products to push, based on past sales & inventory levels.
- Experience managing an e-commerce storefront is a must. Familiarity with Shopify is a plus.
- A passion for sewing or fashion! Experience working with textiles and familiarity with the sewing community is a huge plus.
- Detail-oriented. You've got an eye for spotting mistakes and you're comfortable double-checking your work for consistency and clarity.
- Strong writing and communication skills. You've got an eye for grammar and a clear & concise writing style. You're comfortable working from a brief to write original content for our product listings.
- Confidence behind the lens. You're extremely comfortable with DSLR photography and confident working in a studio set-up.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite. You're confident using Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator to edit and colour-correct photos and convert files.
- Comfortable reading and interpreting analytics through tools such as Google Analytics.
- You're self-motivated. You're equally comfortable working independently to complete tasks and meet deadlines, as well as working collaboratively with a team.
- You're comfortable taking on different tasks & responsibilities. Working as part of a small team, you're happy to support your coworkers and fill in for different roles as needed.
- Receptive to feedback. You love asking questions and are comfortable adapting your work to accommodate feedback. You're also comfortable giving feedback to other members of the team, when applicable.
- Health, Dental, & Health Spending Account after 3 months of work
- Storewide discount on fabrics
- Paid personal and mental health days
- Paid vacation after 3 months of work
- Collaborative and supportive leadership team
- Inclusive and respectful workplace
- Working with a team of creative and talented people
- Working with a small business dedicated to customer care
- Dog-friendly warehouse with snacks, bike storage, meditation areas, and plants
Position Type: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm, in-person at our East Vancouver warehouse
Wage: $48,000-$52,000(CAD) *Salary will be determined based on level of skills and qualifications
COVID-19 Precautions: Blackbird Fabrics requires all employees working in the warehouse to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Blackbird Fabrics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, while especially encouraging applications from women, veterans, members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, folks with gaps in their employment history, and persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens, permanent residents and Indigenous Peoples in Canada will be given priority.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants can send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We encourage applicants to provide relevant work samples, including links to e-commerce storefronts you have managed, copywriting examples, and/or product photography examples.
The hiring timeline for this position is open-ended, the job posting will be removed once the position is filled.
Candidates who are chosen for an interview will be contacted within one week of applying.
Start date as soon as possible.