The Jo Dress + Jumpsuit - Closet Core
A true statement piece, Jo features a V-necked bodice with a sculptural “croissant” sleeve and can be mixed and matched with pants or a skirt to create a bold dress or jumpsuit. Featuring a beautiful and innovative bias-bound slot seam finish to add structure and dimension, Jo is an engaging sew with a big impact.
Sewing Level: Advanced
See images for more details on fabric requirements.
- Lightweight fusible interfacing 1/4yd (0.2m)
- waistband elastic, 1 yd (0.9m)x 1" (25mm) wide
- Conventional zipper to match fabric, 22" (56 cm) long
- Double fold bias tape, ½" (13mm) wide - View A: 7yds (6.5m), View B: 5 yds (4.5m) (If you are making your own bias tape: add additional ½ yd (0.5m) fabric for 58" (1.5m) wide fabric)
- Hook and eye closure for back neckline
- Thread in matching colour
To create stability and structure for this design, we suggest stable midweight woven s such as linen, cotton broadcloth, poplin, sateen, ikat, and chambray. You may also use lightweight denim and twill provided it has some degree of drape.